Friday, May 25, 2012

Video: Happy Birthday Erika







Optional Commentary:
I came up with this idea in mid-April and decided "Oh, I have plenty of time to do this", and I didn't do it until yesterday. This is the process for everything I ever do.

This took way longer than I thought it would. I wanted to make the clips flow into complete sentences, but I realized that would be impossible in the time I had left (especially since I refused to stray from my own music collection), so it just ended up being a collage of weirdness. It think it worked better in my head, but I'm happy with the result. I like to think "Happy Birthday Martin Freeman" needs no explanation.

What's that, did someone ask for the list of clips? In order? Absolutely!

The Beatles - Birthday
David Byrne - Miss America
The Mountain Goats - No Children
Frank Zappa - Be-Bop Tango (Of The Old Jazzmen's Church)
Crash Test Dummies - I Want To Par-tay!
David Byrne/Brian Eno - America Is Waiting
Weird Al - Happy Birthday
The Mountain Goats - Southwood Plantation Road
They Might Be Giants - Older
Frank Zappa/Captain Beefheart - 200 Years Old
The Flaming Lips - Free Radicals
Portugal. The Man - 60 Years
Portugal. The Man - 1000 Years
Primus - Is It Luck?
Cursive - Bad Sects
Weird Al - Another One Rides The Bus
They Might Be Giants - It's Not My Birthday
Pere Ubu - The Fabulous Sequel
Weird Al - Happy Birthday

And I inexplicably included a clip from King of the Hill where Hank says "Santini" at the end because why the hell not?

Erika laughed so hard at this that she started coughing. A rousing success!

No comments:

Post a Comment