Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ramblings: Hey Jerk, Write More Often

Hi.

So I revamped my blog roughly a month and half ago because I had a sudden spark of ambition and creativity, something I hadn't had in literally months. At the time I had about six new ideas for recurring content, one of which I already made happen a few weeks ago (making fun of the Sunday comics. The idea where I post my tweets is just laziness, but it certainly helps reassure me that my they aren't being lost forever once I write them. Oh my god would that ever be a tragedy).

But what I really wanted to do with this blog was to just start writing shit out, even if I didn't have any real ideas. Uncategorized Ramblings was going to be the place where I vent, write out what's nagging my mind, complain for the umpteenth time about how I can't seem to get an interview, let alone hired, without unfairly and constantly bugging Erika, etc. etc. etc. etc. ETC. ETC. ETC. etc. etc. ETC.

But I haven't really done that yet. I keep thinking about doing it, constantly, so I hope ONCE AGAIN to fix this by getting my ass in gear and writing more. I have a lot on my mind lately so this really shouldn't be a problem.

BUT IT IS. FUCK.

Oh well. On Sunday I'll round up another batch of shitty comics to make fun of. I didn't do it last Sunday because a friend was in town, so it wasn't due to lack of interest. THIS IS WHAT I KEEP TELLING MYSELF.

I also want to start doing tongue-in-cheek album reviews of the awful music I like to listen to, but not only do I feel like no one will care (does anyone reading this listen to Frank Zappa? Exactly), but I have no real clue on how to write about music intelligently. So my plan was to write about it unintelligently. I might still do that. We'll see.

Above all, if you're reading this I greatly appreciate it. If you like what I do then leave me comments. I like comments. They're always encouraging, and whether that's a good thing or not, well...jury's still out on that one.


3 comments:

  1. see now you're making a post about not making posts so that there is an illusion of more posts! I know this because I do it too. Sometimes in my diary I'll be like "uhhh so yeah I have writers block and nothing to talk about" and go on and on saying that very thing in fifteen different ways.

    stop slackalackin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daaaamn, called out and caught red-handed! You're right, though, writing about whining about writing does nothing but pad the blog out with filler. I'll keep that shit in check because I know nobody wants to read it. Hell, I wouldn't want to either.

      Delete
  2. Lol it makes you more human and relatable. Kind of like how we're both unemployed with physics/astrophysics degrees.

    ReplyDelete